Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Our New Vanilla Bean Cremes



Since Day One, I've been threatening to take our Coconut Ball center and revise it. Our Coconut Ball is one of our most beloved candies, but some people, like me, don't like coconut. Coconut is one of those things you either like or you don't like. I don't like - but husband Kirby DOES like.

In formulating our new confection, I took out the coconut, and added real organic vanilla bean, vanilla 'Silk' and added organic vanilla extract - and voila!

An organic vanilla bean creme! A friend recently tried one for the first time. You should have seen the look on her face! You'd have thought she just ate the best thing ever! In fact - she SAID so!

"Ohymygosh! This is the BEST candy I EVER ate!" she exclaimed.

I had made some samples to send to a bride we were working with in Ohio for wedding favors. My friend, Renee Kopp, came over to help make 180 of these confections. After eating this, she said, "You HAVE to call them something different than just 'vanilla creme' - they're MUCH too good for THAT!"

A minute later, she cried out! "I've got it! Vanilla BEAN Cremes! Because you put in real vanilla bean!"

I said, "I LIKE it!!" So-o-o-o-o ---- now you have it! Vanilla Bean Cremes. Shown here in milk chocolate because that's what the bride ordered. They are now available on our website in quarter pounds enrobed in dark, milk, or white. A quarter pound will give you about 8 pieces of candy.

Smith Organic Chocolates is dedicated to bringing you the latest in nutritional and product information as it relates to chocolate!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments and input!

myspace profile views counter