Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Always a Silver Lining



Ever lock yourself out of your house? Rarely have I ever done so - and it's been many, many years since I did.

But today - my precious husband was trying to be protective of our garage, and locked the door leading to the garage without my knowledge.

When I went for peanuts, that I use to make our homemade organic peanut butter - I found myself stuck in the garage without a hope of getting back in the house.

I always work in short sleeves, as I learned early on that long sleeves get dirty & wet real quickly.

I tried picking the lock with a couple different sized screwdrivers, and a even a pair of scissors. None of those methods worked. At least I know we are safe from amateur burglars.

I saw an old yellow blanket that my parents used to put on their bed. I put that around me, opened the garage door, and walked up Main Street in Akron to the Akron Nutrition Center. What a sight I was! Oh well. A school crossing guard & a local pastor got to hear I'd been locked out.

I got the car keys from my hubby at work, and he confessed to locking the door as a protective measure. I was relieved to get home so I could get back to work.

What are some of your locked out stories? Leave a comment and let me know. The winning entry gets a free Half Pound Organic Truffle Assortment.

Watch for more blog entries soon about Easter and nutrition news as it relates to chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments and input!

myspace profile views counter